Monday, December 8, 2008

So This is Why They Think People in the South are Weird.. :)

When I was younger, I lived in Memphis, Tennesee in a neighborhood full of kids my age. We lived in a culdusac and we were very sheltered. It happened to be that the neighborhood next to us was full of gangs and our parents made sure we stayed in our sheltered culdusac. Behind my house, there was a huge open field that belonged to the church and a creek in a small stretch of woods that separated our houses and the church. My friends an I would always find games to play back there, mostly in by the creek. We played these survivor games and would pack lunches to go out there. We climbed trees and just spend the whole day in this small little "secluded" area. But by the time it started to get dark, and the street lights would turn on, that meant time to go in. One night all of our families were sitting in their lawn chairs having a few drinks with each other in my driveway. This was always good because that meant the kids could stay out and play longer. We wanted to go play tag in the field. About 6 of us went to this dark field and played.

After about five minutes into the game, I noticed something running in the woods.

It initially freaked me out. I asked my best friend if she saw it and she said yes. Still wondering what it was we told our other friends and they started to get suspicious. As we kept looking, we didnt see it anymore, so we continued our game. But as we did, we saw this figure running through the woods. As it came closer we realized it was a naked man! We all got freaked out and ran to our parents and told them. They didnt believe us at first, but by the looks on our face, they started to believe our story. They all ran back to see where this man went, and he was laying on the bridge that laid over the creek. Our parents called the police and we later found out that the man was drunk and had some how taken all of his clothes off and passed out.

He lived about five minutes away from where we did, so it was a wonder to us how he got that far, that naked with out getting busted.

It was probably one of the weirdest things I have ever seen in my life.
But thats the south for ya :)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

OH my gosh...this is very....interesting! lol i go down to the south as much as i can cuz i have a lot of family who lives there, but i've never seen a naked drunk running crazy through the woods! ha

I'm not lost in the world. I'm just taking a detour. said...

I go down south every few years to visit my family in florida. I've heard a lot of weird things like that happening but this one takes the cake.

aleeshaKo said...

Ha ha!

Wow, what a scarring experience for a little kid. I imagine that's something you're never going to forget!

How absurd!