Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gender

After viewing that video on Killing us Softly 3, I think a lot of us realized how bad women are pressured into fitting into what the media considers attractive.

My whole life, my family has told to not feel like I need to impress anyone, but on the other hand, media has taken over alot of what I do. It feels terrible knowing that I let complete strangers tell me how I need to dress, and I follow through with their ideas.

I also think its amazing how much change has gone into the way women are viewed as attractive. Before, it used to be that the more pale someone is the more elegant they are. Or in some places, the more you weigh, you are viewed as rich. Now, if your tan and skinny, you are beatiful.

It is really really sad about how much of an effect this culture has on us.

No comments: