Thursday, January 22, 2009

White

Being white has definetly been an advantage to me.

In our discussion in class, we talked about the 50 things white people can do with out being judged. I agree with most of them, but some of them are just a little too much.

When we talked about the bandaid, I never really thought about "flesh" colored bandaids being offensive towards people of colored skin. It was a really good discussion our class had and I agreed mostly with Andrew's comment. Like the Killing us Softly movie, I think that she went a little too far into this. Its like what Anthony said, "tires are black, so does that mean since they are always on the ground that it is something that we see as dirty and low?" Some of these things are just going too far.

I agree with everyone who says that flesh colored bandaids are offensive, but Im sure that wasnt the intension of the creators.

No comments: